Security when you order online
We have made security a priority for our customers. All transactions are made on a secure server, which will encrypt and protect your information.
Newbridge Silverware have adopted 3D secure, Mastercard Securecode and Verified by Visa for your additional protection.
These methods provide a simple and secure way to pay by verifying A private code known only to you and your bank.
This enhances your security by protecting you against unauthorized use of your card when shopping online at participating online retailers.
Newbridge Silverware does not hold credit card numbers when these are provided to our secure e-commerce link. Credit card numbers provided through our e-commerce facility are processed in an encrypted form (using SSL 128-bit encryption). This provides a high level of security protection for our customers.
Data Protection Policy
- General Information
Newbridge Cutlery Company UC trading as Newbridge Silverware ('We' and “Us”) of Cutlery Road, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland, a company registered in Ireland under company number 31783, provides this website www.newbridgesilverware.com. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Acts are designed to protect individuals about whom information is entered and stored on computer and other systems. Accordingly, this legislation lays down strict standards of accuracy, relevance and care of such data including how it may be divulged. We endeavour at all times to comply with Irish and EU data protection legislation in force from time to time.
- By visiting this website, you are accepting the terms of this Data Protection Policy. Any external links to other web sites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other web sites.
By visiting this website, you are accepting the terms of this Data Protection Policy. Any external links to other web sites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other web sites.
- By continuing to use this website you give your consent to the collection, use and retention of your personal information for our legitimate business purposes as explained in this Data Protection Policy. We collect, use and retain information about you only if we reasonably believe it is justified, required and useful in order to conduct our business effectively and to provide you with information about products and services we believe will be of interest to you.
- Cookies and web beacons
- We use a range of analytics and targeted advertising tools to display relevant website content on our website and online advertisements on other websites and apps (as described above) to you, deliver relevant content to you in marketing communications (where applicable), and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyse Google's interest-based advertising data and/or third-party audience data (such as age, marital status, life event, gender and interests) to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content. We may also use tools provided by other third parties, such as Facebook, Google AdWords and Bing to perform similar tasks, using your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data.
- Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or rendered anonymous, telephone number, and billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us including, but not limited to, when you purchase a good from our website, when you purchase a gift voucher, when you fill in a survey, when you sign up to our promotional campaigns and when you sign up for our Newbridge Silverware Loyalty Card.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most web sites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our web site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or rendered anonymous, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our web site.
- Purposes for which we hold your information
- We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our web site.
- We use any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes;
- in maintaining any account that you may set up on this website;
- to provide you with the products you may have ordered;
- to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communication you might send us; and
- to contact you, should we choose to do so, in connection with similar products or services we believe will be of interest to you. Each time you receive such contact you will have the option to decline receiving further marketing information from us. This is known as "opt-out". If you wish to exercise the opt-out please unsubscribe. If you have more than one address or email address registered with us please ensure you notify us of any changes required to your preference for each address or email address.
- In the event that you place an order via our on-line ordering service, we will collate the information that you give to us in the order form to provide you with our online ordering service. Once you have proceeded to the checkout to purchase items, the information you have given up until that point, and the card information you give on placing your order will be processed by the Realex payment-processing server or by Paypal. By giving us this information, you consent to our use of it in order to process your order, and you consent to the use of your information by Realex or Paypal to process your order.
We maintain appropriate security standards and procedures in relation to the collection, use and retention of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. Your information is disclosed only to our employees, agents and representatives where necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Acts we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Content the Website
You acknowledge that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material presented to you on the Website by us, or our advertisers or other content providers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
You agree to abide by all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts and omissions that occur under your usage, including content of your transmissions through the website. All information, designs, drawings and images on the website are the exclusive property of The Newbridge Cutlery Company. Any copying, transmission or retransmission of the above requires our prior approval.
- Changes to the Data Protection Policy
Any changes to this Data Protection Policy will be posted on this web site so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Where appropriate we may notify you by email of a change to this policy. By using our site you are deemed to fully accept this Data Protection Policy.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you, before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right by opting-out in accordance with paragraph 6.2.4 above or at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may inform us of any changes to your personal data and in accordance with our obligations under the Acts we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can choose to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 1 year.