- 1. Brexit - UK Delivery?
- 2. What countries do you ship to?
- 3. How long does it take for orders to be dispatched?
- 4. How long does delivery take?
- 5. My country is not listed on the list of countries you ship to. Can you ship to me?
- 6. What Debit / Credit Cards and other payment methods do you accept?
- 7. What currencies can I pay with?
- 8. Do you accept Gift Cards / Vouchers online?
- 9. Will I be charged VAT (Value Added Tax) if my order is shipped outside of the European Union?
- 10. Does my order include Value Added Tax (VAT)?
- 11. Where can I view my orders?
- 12. Where is my order? / How can I track my order?
- 13. Is Newbridge Silverware Jewellery compliant with the European Union Nickel Directive?
- 14. What are the posts on your earrings made from?
- 15. Do you offer engraving?
- 16. How long does engraving / personalisation take?
- 17. What does “E.P.N.S.” mean?
- 18. Do you really manufacture all of your E.P.N.S. Cutlery in Newbridge?
- 19. What is your Returns & Exchange Policy?
- 20. Who stocks Newbridge Silverware near me?
- 21. What should I do to keep my Newbridge piece looking new?
- 22. Do you offer a cleaning / stripping and re-plating service for your E.P.N.S. Cutlery?
- 23. I have a question about a Newbridge piece. Can you help?
- 24. What causes silver to tarnish?
- 25. Is it possible to remove tarnish from jewellery?
- 26. Can I wash place my EPNS in a Dishwasher?
- 27. Should I mix my EPNS and Stainless Steel Cutlery when washing?
- 28. What is the warranty on Newbridge Silverware pieces?
- 29. How long will my Newbridge Silverware piece(s) last?
- 30. I have a question that is not listed here. Can you help?
1. Brexit - UK Delivery?
Orders shipping to the United Kingdom which are greater than £135 may be subject to tax & duty as per local laws and legislation. If your order exceeds £135, you will be notified by our courier partner DHL. The amount due will be payable by the recipient before delivery can be completed.
The recipient of the products is responsible for all customs formalities for their export and import and may be required to pay any additional charges, including import duty, formal customs entry, taxes, levies and other charges. The recipient of the goods will receive a separate request for payment of these charges.
2. What countries do you ship to?
We currently ship to more than 100 countries around the world and will endeavor to ship to wherever you are located. If we do not have a courier partner setup for you country you will still be able to place your order by paying an estimated shipping cost. Our Customer Services team will then contact you to confirm the exact price and shipping availablity. If for whatever reason we cannot ship to your country, your order will be fully refunded. For further information about shipping, please see our Delivery page.
3. How long does it take for orders to be dispatched?
Orders are generally dispatched within 24 hours Monday to Friday. Please note that orders with personalisation (e.g. engraving) can take slightly longer (1-2 working days) for the engraving to be completed. For more information, please see our Delivery page.
4. How long does delivery take?
Orders dispatched within the Republic of Ireland take 1-2 working days from the date an order is dispatched, while deliveries to the United Kingdom take 1-3 working days. Orders for the rest of Europe, the United States and the rest of the world take 2-3 working days to be delivered. For more information please see our Delivery page.
5. My country is not specifically listed on the list of countries you ship to. Can you ship to me?
It is most likely that we can and you will still be able to place your order by paying an estimated shipping cost. Our Customer Service Team will then contact you to confirm the exact price and shipping availablity. If for whatever reason we cannot ship to your country, your order will be fully refunded. For further information about shipping, please see our Delivery page.
6. What Debit / Credit Cards and other payment methods do you accept?
For online orders, we accept Visa, MasterCard / Maestro Cards,American Express cards, Amazon Pay as well as PayPal.
7. What currencies can I pay with?
We currently accept Euros (EUR), US Dollars (USD) and Sterling (GBP) for online orders. You can switch currencies by selecting EUR€, USD$ or GBP£ via the drop-down menu next to the MY ACCOUNT button at the top of our website.
8. Do you accept Gift Cards / Vouchers online?
Gift vouchers can be purchased and redeemed online here. If you have a gift voucher from our Visitor Centre or issued prior to 31st August 2018 and wish to redeem this online, please contact our customer service team.
9. Will I be charged VAT (Value Added Tax) if my order is shipped outside of the European Union?
For orders shipping outside of the European Union, all VAT will be removed from your order automatically at checkout. Please note that, for deliveries to countries outside of the European Union, you / the recipient may be subject to local customs charges or import taxes as we ship all orders DDU (Duties Delivery Unpaid). As these charges and taxes vary from country to country, please check with the local authorities in your country / the shipping destination for more details on local customs charges and import taxes. For further information about shipping, please see our Delivery page.
10. Does my order include Value Added Tax (VAT)?
Yes. Within the European Union, we are required to charge VAT in accordance with European Law. VAT is automatically included in our retail price and will not change unless you are shipping outside the EU.
11. Where can I view my orders?
For signed-in users with a Newbridge Silverware Online Account, orders can be viewed under the My Account > View Your Orders page. To view this page, you can sign in here. If you do not have a Newbridge Silverware Online Account, your order details will only be in your order confirmation email.
12. Where is my order? / How can I track my order?
Once dispatched, you will automatically receive an email with tracking information. Alternatively, if you sign into your account, you can view your order online and view your tracking details once your order has been dispatched. Sign in here.
13. Is Newbridge Silverware Jewellery compliant with the European Union Nickel Directive?
Yes, all of our Jewellery including watches are certified as Nickel safe under the EU Nickel Directive.
14. What are the posts on your earrings made from?
Many of our earrings have posts made from Titanium; some posts are silver-plated. Please note that, while quite rare, some customers may be allergic to trace metals in Titanium; If you suspect that you may be allergic to other trace metals in the Titanium or Silver, we recommend speaking to your GP.
15. Do you offer engraving?
Yes, many of our exclusive items can be personalized with engraving, including Jewellery, Frames and other Giftware, as well as E.P.N.S. Cutlery. Pieces that can be engraved are indicated by a large (E) icon. Our standard online engraving charge is €10, £8.50, $12.50.
16. How long does engraving / personalisation take?
Personalising your piece with engraving takes about 1-2 working days on average, at which point your order will be dispatched as normal.
17. What does “E.P.N.S.” mean?
E.P.N.S. is an initialism for ‘Electro-plated Nickel silver’.
18. Do you really manufacture all of your E.P.N.S. Cutlery in Newbridge?
Yes, we do! All of our E.P.N.S. Cutlery is made here in Newbridge in our manufacturing facilities located next to our Visitor Centre. For more information on how our cutlery is made, we recommend visiting the cutlery page.
19. What is your Returns & Exchange Policy?
Our full Returns and Exchange policy, including a link to our returns form, can be found on our Returns & Exchanges page.
20. Who stocks Newbridge Silverware near me?
21. What should I do to keep my Newbridge piece looking new?
Depending on the type of Newbridge piece(s) you have (e.g. Jewellery, Giftware, Homeware, Cutlery), the advice will vary. Most questions on care and handling can be answered by viewing our Care Advice section.
22. Do you offer a cleaning / stripping and replating service for your E.P.N.S. Cutlery?
Yes we do; Please contact us directly for details and pricing. Click here to contact us.
23. I have a question about a Newbridge piece. Can you help?
For all care and cleaning, we highly recommend viewing our Care Advice section prior to contacting us directly as it will likely answer your questions. However, if you are having an issue with a Newbridge piece, kindly contact us in writing or email customer service at email@example.com and include as much detail as possible (e.g. a description of the issue, the item name and product ID – found on the bottom of the box – and any other relevant information). Please note that, for items purchased from stockists or other retailers, you will need to contact the original place of purchase.
24. What causes silver to tarnish?
Silver is a relatively soft metal that require sympathetic handling and cleaning. Over time silverware may become tarnished; this is a natural process and can occur due to a variety of reasons and is not a manufacturing defect. Silverware may be tarnished by Sulphide that is always present to some extent in the atmosphere and in many foods - green vegetables and eggs being the most potent. Sulphide in the atmosphere originate mainly from combustion of gas, oil, coke, wood etc. and from living creatures. Direct contact with cosmetic substances such as perfume, lotions, hairspray, deodorant and also residual materials from shower gel/bath oils will also cause tarnishing. For all care and cleaning, we highly recommend viewing our Care Advice section prior to contacting us directly as it will likely answer your questions.
25. Is it possible to remove tarnish from jewellery?
Yes, tarnish can typically be removed with a soft cloth. Regularly cleaning with a soft cotton cloth will help prevent tarnishing on all silver products.
26. Can I wash place my EPNS in a Dishwasher?
Yes, but you must follow the guidelines as supplied by Newbridge Silverware and also adhere to dishwasher’s manufacturers guidelines. Please see our full Care Advice for more details.
27. Should I mix my EPNS and Stainless Steel Cutlery when washing?
No, you should never mix these two types of cutlery as a chemical reaction will occur and cause pitting and staining.
28. What is the warranty on Newbridge Silverware pieces?
Newbridge Silverware pieces are designed and manufactured to the highest standards. Our Jewellery carries a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase, while all watches have a 1 year guarantee. Our EPNS Cutlery is guaranteed for 55 years. Our warranty is only applicable to items with a proven manufacturing defect as agreed by the Newbridge Silverware Quality Control Team. Please note that every day wear and tear is not covered under this warranty, and that a valid dated proof or purchase (e.g. a receipt, gift receipt or valid online order number) is required to claim the warranty.
29. How long will my Newbridge Silverware piece(s) last?
Newbridge Silverware is designed and manufactured to the highest standard and will last for many years. However, as silver is a relatively soft metal, it is prone to tarnish over time unless cared for properly. In order to maintain the longevity of your Newbridge piece, we advise that the our Care Advice Instructions are followed carefully.
30. I have a question that is not listed here. Can you help?
Kindly contact our Customer Service Team or our Newbridge Showrooms and we will be more than happy to assist you.